Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Capt. Cave Man Capt. Cave Man is offline

Default Must be a liberal!

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:34:15 -0400, "Oppie"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Sure, the factory farms are so much more humane... NOT!

Humans kill and eat the meat of their kills.

The act is either ALWAYS humane, or it has always not been so. There
are no distinctions just because someone else uses a different manner of
death. Death is death. Us merely killing them not humane? That is the
argument of some. I happen to like steak, and other cuts of meat from
various critters large and small.

If the animal goes straight to 'lights out' or if it has extreme pain
first, the end result is still lights out. Are either inhumane, or are
both such?

So what exactly about a 'factory farm' is so less humane that a man
shooting the animal from a distance where his shot may or may not strike
an instant kill point?

Any **** up in the factory can result in an animal that 'suffers' prior
to its lights out moment.

Any **** up in the field can result in an animal that 'suffers' prior
to its lights out moment.

The instance of occurrence is the same for both.

In fact, I am quite sure that the slaughterhouse has far LESS instances
of suffering taking place.

So I think your claim is about as off the mark as it gets.