Posted to alt.home.repair

Default chainsaw technique

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:06:19 -0700 (PDT), Zephyr
wrote:

hey all,

I was cutting wood for about 3 hrs on sat, and ran into an issue that
I think can be solved with better technique...
I find that most of my cuts always end "curving" to the right as I
progress thru the log.
IE, the cut wood does not have a flat level surface.

its not a huge deal, but, it makes me and the saw work harder than
necessary ;

any suggestions on what might be done to fix that?

I used the "teeth" on the body of the saw, and also tried to run the
saw without touching them against the log I was cutting, in both
cases the cut would end up the same.

Are you using a sawbuck? Chainsaw all tuned up?