Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default I want to build my own on-wall radiator

Hi,

How hard can it be to build something like this:

http://www.radiatorshowroom.co.uk/al...-radiator.html

as a DIY project!? (I'm not talking about achieving the look and
feel.)

My plan is take 1/2 copper tubing (the smaller the diameter the
better, I assume) and weave it back and forth with 90 degree elbows.
Then I will buy a sheet of copper and attach (somehow) to my mesh of
tubing.

Is this idea doomed from the beginning?

If NOT, I would like to get some ideas on:

1. What to make the overall frame out of? I presume it needs to be
quite strong. Perhaps steel welded together?

2. How to attach tubing to the sheet of copper? I can think of copper
brackets with copper bolts. But maybe there is a better way, like some
kind of heat transfer plates and heat conducting glue.

That's good for starters...

Thanks,

Aaron