Posted to alt.home.repair
Lobo119 Lobo119 is offline

Default can't tell where window leak's coming from

There is no attic; the ceiling is peaked in the leaky window area.
The window is a big trapezoid (sort of) "picture window" that does not
open. It's above another big window that's a "picture" window on top
with 2 awning style windows on the bottom.. The house is 10 years
old. The only thing that might be a possibility is that the siding on
the fascia came loose this spring during a storm. It was loose from
the peak to about 4 feet down above the leaking window. I think the
replacement siding looks smaller.

The builder looked at it (and I will say I trust him) and is coming
back again today. I will suggest to him the idea about covering it
with plastic and blasting the area with a hose.

We had rain last night and this a.m. which hit the window directly and
it's still leaking. Doesn't seem to require high wind to leak,
although that makes it worse.
Lobo