Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Lidl Offers FYI

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:20:20 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Useful looking stuff from Lidl w/c 28/9/09

On mine I also have:

Sliding Mitre Saw with Laser Guide.

Is there a difference between that and a 'Cut off / chop saw' and if
so what please?

"Sliding Mitre Saw with Laser Guide

1,700 watt
With laser cutting guide for accurate cuts
Mitre range: -45° to +45°
Max. cross cut length (mm): 205
Max. cutting depth (mm): 65
No load speed (rpm): 4,800
With adjustable clamps
Includes blade changing tool and universal saw blade, size Ø (cm): 21
Cable length (m): 2
3 year manufacturer's warranty
Price per item £69.99* (Only available while stocks last)"

Reading the description of the above it doesn't appear to mention what
material(s) it's designed / suitable for, other than the mention of
the 'universal saw blade. So does that mean it can cut anything
(within reason) or does any fool know that it's just for wood?

ie, Say I had several lengths of 50 x 50 x 5mm steel box I wanted to
cut ...

Cheers, T i m