Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laser guides on saws

I don't own any kind of saw with laser guide, so have little experience of
them. I did have a PP/B&Q jigsaw with a laser, but found both the saw & the
laser useless, so I gave it away - lasers just confuse you on curved cuts
anyway.

On a circ saw or SCMS how do they cope with the kerf of the saw blade?

Assuming said kerf is 3mm, is the laser to the left or the right of the
kerf, in which case you could cut over or under by 3mm, or is it central
which would give you 1.5mm short either way?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk