Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT water filters

NT wrote:
On Sep 21, 3:48 pm, "Why?" wrote:
Dear all
My daughter has just moved into a flat at Brighton. She is scientific
(of sorts)
She wishes to remove oestrogen, chlorine and a variety of other
alleged or actual contaminents from her drinking water and, it
appears, her shower water
She has cited a UK Water
filterhttp://www.uk-water-filters.co.uk/water_filters_reverse_osmosis.html?...

Which seems to me merely to filter (reverse osmosis plus filters)
drinking and cooking water at a slow rate and store it under sink for
later reuse

I am unconvinced that ordinary tap water is so bad as to need to do
this but could be with the right data

My questions a
Does anyone know the pressure in Brighton?
How could one get the contaminants or other contents of water over
the
internet - surely it is in the public domain?
has anyone experience of doing this for bath (ie whole house water)
which seems most improbable
likewise has anyone done this for cooking and drinking (very likely)
and if so
what do the recommend?
It seems to me to be money for old rope with the cost of filters etc
and that for drinking and cooking there must me a gravity filtration
or ion exchange system that would be cheaper
I may be wrong and in which case if a reverse osmosis system is the
answer - any recommendations?
Chris

Recommendation: a realistic look at the death rates from all the major
causes. Hopefully she'll soon forget about the death rate from tap
water, which is extremely small.

Yerbut that dihydrogen monoxide is lethal - its 'scientifically' proven.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk