Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default (Long) ******* Floor (levelling, damp, crap, you name it) - Update

Tom
wibbled on Monday 21 September 2009 21:54

"Tim W" wrote lots!

I had to lay some SLC in the cloakroom last week and that was expensive.
This project must be costing you a fortune, do you have a cheap source of
levelling compound or just a large budget? I would be interested to know
as i have to do our kitchen floor in a few weeks and at £16 per bag in
Wickes it is going to cost more than the tiles!

Tom

I get mine from http://yorkflooringsupplies.co.uk/

Yes, it's costing. But it is by my calculation a lot cheaper than paying
someone else to do a full screed - coupled with the fact I no longer trust
builders(!). It would be cheaper to rescreed myself, using an SBR mix, but
having done a couple of little rooms I'd never manage it and I'd have to
level the result anyway.

Your price is pretty much the norm. How did you get on with the cloakroom
and how big is your kitchen? Only asked, because if you wanted a slightly
more fluid compound, I can highly recommend Stopgap 300 which flows like
water - though it's helped by having a primer paint but that's quick and
not expensive.

Cheers

Tim

--