Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Power shower removal

John Rumm wrote:
Dave wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Dave wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

I've given it a go, but the pipes are not budging. I'll try again
after we have eaten.

Can you cut the pipe off below, and worry about getting the ends out
of the shower later?

I suspect that the fault might not be repairable, so that is an option
to look at.

Every time I am in that room and looking at the shower, I can see the
enormous amount of work to recover the job, if we have to get a new
shower pump :-(

Chop off the pipes low enough and fit service valves to cap them. That
way you can reinstate quickly if needed ;-)

When we had the bathroom done, the plumber didn't like the gate valves I
had used to isolate the bathroom and he told me he was going to remove
them. I told him that I had to be able to isolate she shower when I
wanted to, so he put a pair of valves behind the bath panel (the shower
is over the tap end of the bath.)

I'll not be doing the job, so I'll have a word with the plumber about
options first.

Cheers

Dave