Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Wasp spray that works

On Sep 15, 3:35*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
On Sep 15, 3:26*pm, mike wrote:

Before you spray flammable and volatile liquids on a building
(eyeroll), maybe you should simply wait. *Many wasp-killing products
take a little time to work.

My first choice on wasp, bees, hornets etc... is always Sevin dust. I
can dust it directly on them with out disturbing them. You don't have
to get it on them, just get where they set down and can come in
contact with the dust. A few will carry enough dust into the hive to
kill it.

Jimmie

That's what I use too. The dust is good stuff.

For the ones you can see, I use soapy water. Ordinary dish soap mixed
1:15 with water from a spray bottle knocks them down and drowns them
faster than anything I've found, and they don't go into a buzzing
stinging frenzy as they die. It's safe around kids, pets, and food.
(I'd be careful around electrical of course.)