Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Lighting puzzle

On Sep 21, 9:45*am, "desgnr" wrote:
I have a 4' Florescent fixture with 2 F40cw tubes.
The tubes look like there half lit, sometimes they will fully light & other
times there very low.
I don't know if it is the fixture or tubes that are bad.
I took 2 tubes out of another fixture that works properly & put them in the
Fixture in question & they also lit very low.
So next i put the questonable Tubes in the good fixture & they also lit very
low in the good fixture.
So i am back to the question which are bad or if the Tubes & fixture are
both bad.

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

is it possible that some of the keystones in the questionable fixture
have loose connections, thus causing arcing and corrosion on the tube
pins? So that when you put the tubes in the good fixture they are
still not making good contact?

nate