Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_2_] Michael Kennedy[_2_] is offline

Default Sharp Aquos LC20E1-S LCD TV Strange AC adapter

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
There are several reasons why Sharp chose to use three separate supplies.
One was to minimize the cost of a building a single "rilllly big" supply.
The other is that it wanted to minimize the amount of bypassing and
decoupling needed on the boards.

The obvious answer to the question of why the set didn't work is that it
doesn't "like" being driven from a single supply. (The original supply was
likely missing because the was tossed out as defective (for whatever
unknown
reason)).

I would not have plugged a single supply into it, simply on the
(admittedly
remote) possibility that it might be damaged.

Well if I were back home where I have a workbench and loads of wire and
power supplies laying around I would have wired it up as it was intended.
But unfortunately where I'm at now I don't many tools or parts to work with.
Upon first looking at I thought they made seperate supplies just to save
money on the design of the PSU and or for RFI protection.