Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bolted[_3_] Bolted[_3_] is offline

Default Best tool to cut a slit in a wall?

On 21 Sep, 13:31, dent wrote:
Hi all,

I need to cut a vertical slit at least 4mm wide through a 100mm wall,
and up to a height of 3m from the ground (for a vertical DPC where a
new extension joins a house). What is the best tool for the job? I
have got a 230mm angle grinder, but that would only go to about 75mm
depth, and is a beast to use anyway (i.e., I'd rather not use it up a
ladder). I've seen a few hire shops can supply wall cutters (basically
a plunge saw with a diamond blade), but these only go to about 50mm
depth. Is there a tool specifically for this type of job?

thanks,

dan.

Diamond chainsaw. They are great fun, but it might be hard to avoid
the temptation to saw the rest of your house into small pieces. They
can be hired, but they are a little hard to find (the place I used was
just about to stop doing them, so I can't recommend anywhere).