Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_3_] Norman Wells[_3_] is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

Java Jive wrote:

That's not the way scientific measurement works. The best that even a
scientific dictionary can give is a description.

Don't be absurd. Dictionaries exist to provide definitions. A Dictionary
of Science and Technology exists to provide definitions of scientific and
technological terms

Perhaps you're not familiar with their purpose.

And actually, though I'm definitely not interested in arguing the
matter, I'd also dispute that normal dictionaries actually supply
definitions.

sigh education today.