Posted to uk.d-i-y
dent[_2_] dent[_2_] is offline

Default Best tool to cut a slit in a wall?

On 21 Sep, 13:41, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * dent writes:

Hi all,

I need to cut a vertical slit at least 4mm wide through a 100mm wall,
and up to a height of 3m from the ground (for a vertical DPC where a
new extension joins a house). What is the best tool for the job? I

I'd have to say this sounds rather misguided in the first place.
Who advised doing this, and for what purpose?
Has a structural engineer been consulted on the weakening of the wall?

Local Building Control told me I had to do this. I omitted it on my
original plans, and they only passed the plans on the condition that
this was added. It doesn't seem to be unusual to do this (e.g., see
http://www.cavitytrays.co.uk/damp-pr...-dpc-cavitray).

dan.

--
Andrew Gabriel