Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_2_] Michael Kennedy[_2_] is offline

Default Sharp Aquos LC20E1-S LCD TV Strange AC adapter

Hi everyone..

I recently got a Sharp Aquos LC20E1-S LCD TV. The problem is it didn't come
with a power brick.

The unit runs on 13VDC and uses 54W.. I managed to find a picture of the
power brick for this TV and it has 3 seperate 13V connections to the board
inside. I have checked the board with an ohm meter and they are completely
seperated inside. One power wire goes to the audio amp, one to the tuner /
lcd control board and one to the backlight inverter. I'm not really sure for
the reason of seperating them, but I assume that it is for interference
reasons and that the TV should power up if given 13V to all of those points
even if from the same source.

Anyhow I have tried powering it by tying all of the 13V+ togeather and
giving them 13V and I get nothing except for a small noise from the speakers
and a light very briefly turns on. Just enough to see it.

Does anyone have any expirenence with this TV? I have a friend with the same
tv.. Maybe I can borrow their AC adapter and try it on this one.

Here is a pic of the same TV and the strange DC jack.

"http://f11batchimg.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/1/7/7/3/reuse_store-imgbatch_1253519810/400x600-2009092100127.jpg"

"http://tinyurl.com/knpq4t"

Power brick
"http://img193.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/3/3/2/smdtk695-img600x450-1253178530nulnxz50227.jpg"