Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Cost of gas to heat upon a kitchen oven?

"Pete Brown" wrote in message
Approx how much gas gets used to heat up a ordinary gas cooker's oven?
Approximately how much does it cost?

I need to run my oven for about 10 minutes to heat it up to Regulo 6. But
I can't get a reading of gas used because my meter is so cronky.

Surely your meter can tell you this information, otherwise how are they
going to bill you if it is not taking an accurate reading?

As the oven is not going to use a lot of gas to heat it up, the main numbers
probably won't go up, but the part units should...
When you are using gas, does a dial turn round?

If so, turn off any other gas appliances and count the number of turns in,
say, a minute, then you know how much gas it is using per minute, then times
this by the amount of time it takes to het up (assuming the oven does not
modulate down as it gets near the set point!) then look at your last bill to
see the calculation used, and the units the meter is in (Ft or m3) and work
it out.

Different ovens of different sizes and amount of insulation levels are going
to be different.