Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lighting a gas water heater pilot

If you like to live with adventure. Use a propane torch to
heat the thermocouple. Then turn the gas valve on. The torch
will light the gas, and by the time you turn it off, the
thermocouple is warm, and the pilot is lit.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"willshak" wrote in message
m...

What Steve Barker said.
I have a propane fired fireplace in my sunroom that is only
used in the
winter (naturally). It takes so long to start up the first
time that my
thumb hurts and I have to switch back and forth between
thumbs to keep
the button down before it will light, and then it might burn
for a
second or two and then go out, requiring a relight.
..

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY