Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Can Lg Washer drain go up into the ceiling and over to sewerpipe ?

Ray wrote:
We have a new Lg Front loader washing machine...

The manual says the drain pump will work to a max of 8 feet.

I'm wondering if I could relocate my washer to where there is no drain pipe,
then install plumbing in the basement ceiling over to a drain pipe.

In other words pump it up and over, rather than breaking up the basement
floor to extend the drain.

I don't see any problem with that although most others don't like it.
Not sure why?

If it was mine I'd do your plan but set the washer op on a 16" to 24"
base. First it makes things easier on your back when you don't have to
bend so low. Second, it doesn't push your drain pump to it's max rating.