Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Knee Jerk [OT]

On Sep 20, 2:43*pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:

My personal feeling is I can easily skip anything I'm not interested
in. *There is plenty I'm not interested in, but have no issue with
those who are interested enjoying themselves. *I enjoy hearing what my
fellow woodworkers have to say on a variety of subjects, even on
woodwork.

Me, too. I've found it interesting that there seems to be a correlation
between the kinds of woodworking people do and their mode of engagement
in non-woodworking discussions.

I've also found that exposure here to differing viewpoints has broadened
my perspectives, and helped me recognize some of the complexities and
difficulties in finding 'cut and dried' answers to (what I think are)
important problems.

I'm inclined to not filter posters, but do start ignoring sub-thread(s)
when discussion becomes rancorous or non-constructive - for the same
reasons I'd choose not to walk into a saloon where there's a barfight in
progress.

Based on what I've read this week, I am going to start filtering myself ....

Brilliant idea and long overdue.