Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Knee Jerk [OT CA/US POLITICAL]

Morris Dovey wrote:
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Well, I keep killing the off-topic threads about US politics that
people insist on forcing upon the wreck, but it seems to be a losing
battle.

You have my sympathies - if not my active support. I've wondered from
time to time whether we (the entire group) talk about politics too much
or not enough.

Less would lower traffic, but probably not have much effect on the
number of woodworking posts - and more might lead to improved consensus
on issues that affect us all. (Yeah, it'd be appropriate to use a
different forum, but I don't think that's likely to happen.)

Nope, not going to happen. The best thing to do is filter everyone that
posts off topic questions if you insist on eliminating all off topic
messages. You will not have to spend much time reading though, as most
contributors, not all, but most contribute on all sorts of off topic
stuff. My personal feeling is I can easily skip anything I'm not
interested in. There is plenty I'm not interested in, but have no issue
with those who are interested enjoying themselves. I enjoy hearing what
my fellow woodworkers have to say on a variety of subjects, even on
woodwork.

I suppose we could also tag posts as to METRIC/IMPERIAL and
NEANDER/NORM/CNC content as well...

Every message has a subject, not much trouble to skip the subjects you
find not interesting. Pretty sure thats a prime reason for having a
subject, an ability to sort by subject, and a mouse.

--
Jack
Using FREE News Server: http://www.eternal-september.org/