Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Screw F**ed

"Dave Starling" wrote in
message
On Sep 20, 5:21 pm, Steve
wrote:

I like Toolstation and have moved most of my
purchases there from
Screwfix.

I agree. Some of the fixings are better quality than
those sold at
higher prices at Screwfix. Dispite Screwfix displaying
large signs
saying they will pricematch any local competitor they
actually take a
very aloof attitude. When asked to match Toolstation
for a 50metre
roll of 2.5mm T&E (£19.86 vs £23) I was basically told
to sod off to
Toolstation and buy it there. The manager can refuse
to pricematch on
a pick and choose basis dispite no disclaimers to the
contrary and the
competitor having item in stock.

Dave.

As I mentioned earlier, it's mainly the screws and
fixings that are affected. Definitely worth shopping
around IMO. For me, their level of service has been
very good. I've saved lots on power tools etc.

..