Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Starling Dave Starling is offline

Default Screw F**ed

On Sep 20, 5:21*pm, Steve wrote:

I like Toolstation and have moved most of my purchases there from
Screwfix.

I agree. Some of the fixings are better quality than those sold at
higher prices at Screwfix. Dispite Screwfix displaying large signs
saying they will pricematch any local competitor they actually take a
very aloof attitude. When asked to match Toolstation for a 50metre
roll of 2.5mm T&E (£19.86 vs £23) I was basically told to sod off to
Toolstation and buy it there. The manager can refuse to pricematch on
a pick and choose basis dispite no disclaimers to the contrary and the
competitor having item in stock.

Dave.