Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve[_40_] Steve[_40_] is offline

Default Screw F**ed

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 12:13:50 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Bertie Doe wrote:
New catalogue compared with previous shows an increase of 25% on bulk
screws and fixings. It's not SF's fault - with the £ in freefall,
anything that's made abroad is rocketing in price.

If you're planning a major project, you may strike lucky an find a
warehouse with old stock at last years prices.

Quick check on a popular (with me anyway) size 1.5" x 8 twinthread c/s
pozi, box of 200;

SF £1.50

TS £1.14.

Hmmmm. And Toolstation have free delivery over £10.

I like Toolstation and have moved most of my purchases there from
Screwfix.

Strangely though, despite generally cheaper prices, the trade counter
here in Crawley is normally very quiet indeed and I have never had to
queue up. I'm not complaining though!

But I wonder whether they are doing enough to promote themselves.

Steve