Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Who would use this facility ?

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

Watched a special on the telly the other night where lead free was
mentioned. Lead inhibits the growth of whiskers they say.

Anyways, seems that a satellite responsible for paging went down due
to whiskers a little while back. Supposedly caused quite the ruckus
here on Earth. And that some scientists in aerospace are very worried
about whiskers. Imagine some nuclear arms or even conventional
explosives fitted with lead free electronics and the newer military
and civilian aircraft electronics that are lead free.

I'll admit to not being as informed about lead-free as I should be, but
I'm pretty sure the U.S. military is packing lead, so to speak. I
assumed the same was true for militaries world wide.