Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Screw F**ed

"Roger" wrote in message

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
New catalogue compared with previous shows an increase of 25% on bulk
screws and fixings. It's not SF's fault - with the £ in freefall,
anything that's made abroad is rocketing in price.

If you're planning a major project, you may strike lucky an find a
warehouse with old stock at last years prices.

My local B&Q staff were telling people that they now owned
Screwfix and if they presented a screwfix catalogue showing
cheaper items they would match the price. I would just buy
from the cheaper place!

B&Q pricematch. I can buy cable from B&Q at the same price I pay at my
electrical wholesalers. Very handy when working away from home.

Adam