Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger[_10_] Roger[_10_] is offline

Default Screw F**ed

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
New catalogue compared with previous shows an increase of 25% on bulk
screws and fixings. It's not SF's fault - with the £ in freefall, anything
that's made abroad is rocketing in price.

If you're planning a major project, you may strike lucky an find a
warehouse with old stock at last years prices.

My local B&Q staff were telling people that they now owned
Screwfix and if they presented a screwfix catalogue showing
cheaper items they would match the price. I would just buy
from the cheaper place! Not into all that power game stuff.
Screwfix put the prices up to try and achieve what they
promised shareholders. Nothing to do with currency, so go
and do some research instead of misquoting what you hear
elsewhere.
Petrol and diesel should now be cheaper than last year by
applying your logic. The price of oil dropped, but prices
went up because pretax profits for people like Shell had
dropped due to wage increases.
So, learn a bit more and come back, or explain in detail
what you mean.