Posted to uk.d-i-y
skiffer skiffer is offline

Default shower tray; alternative to silicon bead

We have an open ended walk in shower with wet wall on two sides and a
glass screen.
The tray is sealed using silicon but within 9 months mould appears and
I have to remove the screen, clean out the old sealant and replace the
silicon.
I bought the most expensive Unibond anti-mould with 35 year guarantee
(???) but the mould returns.
We have a fan/light directly over the shower with long overrun and I
open the window when possible.
I think the problem is standing water at the edge of the shower
(despite my best efforts; teenage daughters!)
Is there an alternative to silicon? I have in mind a qaudrant sealing
strip which could be abrasively cleaned and would shed water? Maybe
bedded onto silicon?
Thanks