Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Can Lg Washer drain go up into the ceiling and over to sewerpipe ?

Ray wrote:
We have a new Lg Front loader washing machine...

The manual says the drain pump will work to a max of 8 feet.

I'm wondering if I could relocate my washer to where there is no drain pipe,
then install plumbing in the basement ceiling over to a drain pipe.

In other words pump it up and over, rather than breaking up the basement
floor to extend the drain.

Ray

If all else fails, they sell plastic collector boxes with built in
pumps, that would do what you want. Essentially an above-the-floor sump
pit. I've been planning to buy one for my basement to make the abandoned
slop sink usable, and reduce the distance my washer has to pump uphill.
(Floor drains and old washer standpipe to graywater drywell have failed,
and would cost a fortune to fix. Washer is jammed into the collector for
the septic tank, along with the drain lines for furnace and water softener.)

--
aem sends...