Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Debate over mandatory spriklers

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:16:06 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

After the MGM fire circa '87, 74 souls lost, Las Vegas became a
leader in mandatory sprinkler system for high rises.

A couple of years later the International Association of Arson
Investigators met in LV and went over that in really great detail. The
HQ hotel was the Bally (earlier the MGM). It was strange sitting right
next to where the fire blew out the front door like a blo wtorch.

And then, LV got a fire truck (largest in the country then). Posted
right off the Strip at a fire house. I wish I could find the picture.
I occasionally speak with a strip fire captain and he remembers the
name of the fire engine. The Engine had a driver on the rear-end to
turn corners.

It is a two-driver truck....