Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Switch off at the socket?

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:04:29 GMT, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

We either do it voluntarily, or the planet will do it for us or cause us
to do it to ourselves. The first signs of the planet doing it are in
evidence now. It wouldn't take much for there to be global war once the
first real wobble occurs.

There were food riots in some parts of the world when the price of
oil shot up and food prices along with it. The financial crisis
doesn't greatly affect those who don't have much money...

The financial system will go first (like it nearly did last year) and
once that has gone everything else goes downhill rapidly.

*Very* rapidly, days, weeks if we are lucky. Look how rapidly the
supermarket shelves emptied during the last fuel blockades a few
years back. Our society is balnced ona very sharp knife edge it
wouldn't take much to knock it off.

Lots of people will die though starvation or being killed by someone
else in competition for resources.

Yep, I wonder how many of the UK population will survive 1%? or less?

--
Cheers
Dave.