Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Wiring Double GFCI?

"Josh" wrote in message
I'm replacing the single 20A kitchen countertop duplex outlet with a
double box and two 20A GFCIs (both side by side in the double box) fed
by a single dedicated 20A circuit breaker.

Do I simply jumper Load to Load and Line to Line, or should I have the
Load on the first GFCI feed the Line on the second GFCI with nothing
attached to the Load on the second one? The circuit terminates at
that box.

I've read that the second outlet doesn't particularly need to be a
GFCI, but I want them both to be GFCI anyway. Humor me!

Makes perfect sense, they're side by side and you want them to look alike.
Use a deep box as they take a lot of space, and wire them as gfretwell
describes, although I prefer to pigtail the wiring under a wire nut rather
than having two conductors per clamp.