Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Wiring Double GFCI?

Josh wrote:
I'm replacing the single 20A kitchen countertop duplex outlet with a
double box and two 20A GFCIs (both side by side in the double box) fed
by a single dedicated 20A circuit breaker.

Do I simply jumper Load to Load and Line to Line, or should I have the
Load on the first GFCI feed the Line on the second GFCI with nothing
attached to the Load on the second one? The circuit terminates at
that box.

I've read that the second outlet doesn't particularly need to be a
GFCI, but I want them both to be GFCI anyway. Humor me!

Hmmm,
Really they should be fed by separate circuit independent of each other.
Our kitchen is wired that way.