Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Bacteria sick shower head!

clipped

Maybe it's all chemicals and UV lamps these days?????????

Probably autoclaves except for sharp instruments, which generally are
disposable blades. Sharp edged surg. inst. are dulled by autoclaving.
Autoclaving is necessary to kill spores, even though boiling alone might
kill the living bacteria. There are viruses that survive even
autoclaving, I believe, but they don't produce disease (or go where
there are vulnerable subjects?)

Hey maybe should install UV lamps (on timers) in our dish cupboards?

PS. Still not sick from our shower even though our boil water order
still in effect. (Something about a broken connection at the
chlorinator/pump house. I figured that for the first few days we were
still using previously chlorinated water anyway; you know 'exposure
times' etc.

"Boil water" orders are wise to follow, since the normal clorination and
filtering aren't protecting the entire water supply. Most bodies of
water nowadays have at least some e coli, and many have other bacteria
and parasites. Of course, in the "good old days", we didn't have
hundreds of thousands of people alive and quite well, in spite of having
immune disorders that are part of a disease process or side effect of
drug treatments. In the "good old days" they might have been dead or
crippled from arthritis.

FWIW, bacteria grow very well on a bar of soap, which is why hospitals
quit using bar soap decades ago (at least for multi-user sites).

And when you're 76 y/o, your immune system is a good deal weaker than it
used to be ) Being immune to a disease earlier in life does not mean
you cannot get it again (chicken pox & shingles).