Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Knee Jerk [OT CA/US POLITICAL]

Dave Balderstone wrote:

Well, I keep killing the off-topic threads about US politics that
people insist on forcing upon the wreck, but it seems to be a losing
battle.

So my proposed solution is that every post about anything to do with
your ****ed-up country's political and financial system that is causing
so much grief world-wide that isn't directly related to woodworking be
labeled with [USA-POLITICAL-CRAP] in the subject line so that those of
us who are outside the US and/or just wanting to see mostly wooddorking
posts here (yeah, I know... good luck!) can filter this bull**** with
some ease.

Of course this proposal is futile, so don't even bother responding...

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

You're welcome.

You have my sympathies - if not my active support. I've wondered from
time to time whether we (the entire group) talk about politics too much
or not enough.

Less would lower traffic, but probably not have much effect on the
number of woodworking posts - and more might lead to improved consensus
on issues that affect us all. (Yeah, it'd be appropriate to use a
different forum, but I don't think that's likely to happen.)

I suppose we could also tag posts as to METRIC/IMPERIAL and
NEANDER/NORM/CNC content as well...

:-T

--
Morris Dovey