Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Yellow glue or ??? for Adirondack chair?

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Steve Turner" wrote:

Well I wasn't so much talking about getting it off *me* as I was
getting it off everything else, but apart from the T-88, every other
brand I've used in the past (and the few I have lying around here
right now) mention lacquer thinner and/or acetone for cleanup and
it's always worked for me. Even from my skin(!), but I don't like
to make a habit of that. I suspect those solvents might be worse
for your skin than the epoxy itself, although acetone has been a
common ingredient in finger nail polish remover for eons.

SFWIW, today most nail polish removers are NOT acetone based.

Perhaps, but I live in a house with a wife and four daughters. There
are like 17 bottles of the crap around here (two of them brand new) and
they all have acetone as the primary ingredient.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.