Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] oldhenwife@googlemail.com is offline

Default PIR extractor fans

On 18 Sep, 21:24, "Jeff Layman" wrote:
I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate
PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light
with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor
fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

--
Jeff

We bought (on the recommendation of someone on this group) a low
wattage rh sensitive extractor fan for our bathroom. We're VERY
pleased with it. It cost a bit (under £50) but it only comes on when
necessary and the running cost is very low.

Mary