Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin dangling via a dongle Bob Minchin dangling via a dongle is offline

Default TOT; Word Doc

dennis@home wrote:

"Bob Minchin dangling via a dongle" wrote in
message ...

I've wondered about open office for a while but as an avid user of
excel, I'm curious to know how the OO version compares to M$ Excel
which I find extremely versatile and capable.
Anyone care to comment please?

Its different, it doesn't support office applications (vba, macros,
etc.), it works well enough to be useful, its free as opposed to the £18
office costs nhs workers.

Thanks Dennis
I can't imagine having to use a spreadsheet without Macros so it will be
M$ for me then.

Cheers

Bob