Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default "ceiling" pull switch for exterior use?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
neverwas wrote:
Is there such a thing as a "ceiling" pull switch for exterior use
please? I've looked at TLC-Direct, CEF etc but can't find one.

In case I'm barking up the wrong thingie, I was hoping to use one
fitted to the soffit over the porch for an external light for an
elderly relative. She does not want a PIR 'cos of the local cats etc
burning her electricity. There is no convenient internal place for a
switch. I was hoping to avoid running conduit for an external switch
(both because I am lazy/useless and because it would be unsightly). I'd
also inclined against remote control as it'd mean her taking the
zapper with her when she goes out - just something more to
forget/lose.

Have you considered a dawn/dusk light with a low energy lamp? We have one
outside with an 11w lamp, cheap enough to run, on when its dark.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Dave - I have one (Megman) and it only goes out on a sunny day due to it
being in a lantern and under a overhang. Any ideas on increasing its
sensitivity? I have removed the red lens and trimmed away some plastic to
give it a wider view....