Posted to uk.d-i-y
neverwas[_3_] neverwas[_3_] is offline

Default "ceiling" pull switch for exterior use?

Is there such a thing as a "ceiling" pull switch for exterior use
please? I've looked at TLC-Direct, CEF etc but can't find one.

In case I'm barking up the wrong thingie, I was hoping to use one fitted
to the soffit over the porch for an external light for an elderly
relative. She does not want a PIR 'cos of the local cats etc burning her
electricity. There is no convenient internal place for a switch. I was
hoping to avoid running conduit for an external switch (both because I
am lazy/useless and because it would be unsightly). I'd also inclined
against remote control as it'd mean her taking the zapper with her when
she goes out - just something more to forget/lose.