Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default TOT; Word Doc

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:38:41 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

"Bob Minchin dangling via a dongle" wrote in
message ...

I've wondered about open office for a while but as an avid user of excel,
I'm curious to know how the OO version compares to M$ Excel which I find
extremely versatile and capable.
Anyone care to comment please?

Its different, it doesn't support office applications (vba, macros, etc.),
it works well enough to be useful, its free as opposed to the £18 office
costs nhs workers.

OxygenOffice (an enhanced version of OO) does support more than OO does;
not sure about your examples, Dennis, but it could be worth a try.

Warning: if OxyOffice is installed, OO itself can't be without uninstalling
Oxy.

http://go-oo.org/
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.