Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default TOT; Word Doc

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message

8

I was recently sent a document in .docx and didn't have an idea from
whence it originated (apart from the originator, IYSWIM).

I had an idea that proper software was supposed to be backwards (or
reverse) compatible.

It is, it will open and write the old formats.

You appear to think that vi should open and write OO formats or that OO
should have used vi formats.

So it seems that yet again M$ are breaking all
the rules - such as default top-posting and HTML in Outlook and OE.

IYR, M$ were relative latecomers to the Internet type of thing...

So what old application is OO default format compatible with?