Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default TOT; Word Doc

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:18:09 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

On 19/09/09 00:55, Frank Erskine wrote:

I had an idea that proper software was supposed to be backwards (or
reverse) compatible. So it seems that yet again M$ are breaking all
the rules - such as default top-posting and HTML in Outlook and OE.

What you require in this case (for your old version to read newer
formats) is forward compatibility, or for the person sending the file to
you to use the backward compatibility (that does exist in Office2007) .

I've had good results asking people to use RTF (Rich Text Format) as a
portable format. Works in nearly all cases.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org