Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave[_40_] Dave[_40_] is offline

Default Coating or thick paint for fiberglass pool filter

On 9/18/2009 12:31 PM jamesgangnc wrote:
On Sep 18, 3:19 pm, Dave wrote:
I have an older fiberglass pool filter where the outer layer of the
resin has worn away over time and now the fibers are exposed. I want to
put some sort of thick coating or paint (epoxy?) on it to cover up the
fibers.

Does anyone know of something I could use on this that I can apply with
a paint roller and pick up at a Home Depot?

I suggest you get some epoxy or polyester resin. The epoxy is abit
more forgiving. Once polyester resin "fires" that's it, you're done.
Use a disposable roller.

Do you have a recommendation on a product brand that's available at Home
Depot?

And when you say "done", what does that mean? I don't plan on removing
this stuff once it's on.

I had already planned on the disposable roller.