Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Debate over mandatory spriklers

John Grabowski wrote:

There are many towns here that have all volunteer fire departments. The
response time can be as long as 20 minutes. Sprinklers are not a
bad idea in a situation like that. I personally feel that the fire
rating for walls and ceilings should be increased in certain areas of
the house such as the kitchen and garage.

Not only many towns...

When someone tells me there's no private substitute for some governmental
entities - like fire and police - I like to point out that there are MANY
more private security guards on the job than cops and that 85% of the
nation's firefighters are volunteers.