Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default vacuum pumps

Robatoy wrote:
On Sep 18, 1:06 pm, Morris Dovey wrote:

Joe wrote:

Fair enough. Veneering and holding small workpieces in place for production
routing.

I use a recycled refrigerator compressor with shop-built vacuum pucks
for holding (not small) workpieces for CNC routing with a 5 hp spindle.

The higher-volume shops like the vacuum pumps from

http://www.beckerpumps.com/

They're more expensive but those who have 'em, love 'em.

Yup, those are 'drool-grade'.
Used ones are quite reasonable...and parts are available all over.
One day, dammit...

Bill Noble, one of the participants of rec.craft.woodturning, usually
has a few reconditioned Gast pumps on his web site at a decent price:

http://www.wbnoble.com/

Example:

"GAST 0523-IDQ-G21DX

220V, single phase, weighs 30 pounds

I measured 22 inches vacuum

Oilless carbon vane pump, if I read the spec sheet right, this is a 3.2
CFM free air flow pump, 10 psi max, 26 in vac max, so my 22 inch
measurement says it's in really good shape.

manual is he

http://www.gastmfg.com/pdf/OM/23_series_oilless_om.pdf

$165."

--