Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joerg[_2_] Joerg[_2_] is offline

Default Which Brandss of cordless phones most reliable

hr(bob) wrote:
I am considering buying some new cordless phones with the caller-ID
and answering features. Besides Consumerrrs Reports, does anyone here
have any experience repairing cordless phones, and which brand(s) do
they consider most reliable and/or repairable?

Ok, a bit late in the thread, but:

We also have Panasonic DECT now. Good workmanship, long battery life.
However, I have drop-outs from handset to base (not the other way
around) in my office which is very annoying. Also, they completely
screwed up the intercom function. You have to press a three-digit code
number, then select the handset you want to call. That's pathetic. Other
than that they seem ok but the drop-outs are a problem.

The best phone ever was a Cincinnatti Microwave Spread Spectrum phone
but unfortunately they quit making them.

Does anyone else have such drop-outs in locations with lots of RF
reflectors, and maybe an easy fix/hack?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/