Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

Douglas Johnson wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:

This would be no different if you 80 year old mom needed a hip
replacement or cancer therapy, or any other type of procedure the
government felt was not cost effective or worth the expenditure. You
can live in denial all you want, won't change a thing.

Flat not true. My mom had two hip replacements, one at 80 and one at 82.
Medicare ("the government") approved and paid for both of them without the
slightest problem.

Yes, well currently Medicare is underfunded by how many trillions of
dollars? Now, add in the rest of the country and you don't need much
imagination to see that the 80-85% that are happy with their current
care will soon be getting screwed as the government is FORCED to reign
in costs. This is a given, not much thought needed to see it won't
work, and doesn't work any where else. True, some work may need done on
the 15-20% that are not happy, but I can tell you that before Clinton
****ed with Medicaid, most likely with the goal of screwing the poor
folk so they would support full socialized medicine, everyone was
covered in the US.

I'm glad your wife is doing well. Those things are scary.

Thanks, but I'm sure the future will be even more scary. Getting old
ain't for sissy's...

For anyone following this, here is what she did... She was doing a load
of laundry and had the lid up on the washer. She picked up a gallon of
bleach in a plastic container and it slipped out of her hand, and hit
the side of the washer, squirting out a huge amount of bleach directly
in her eyes. The bleach burnt the top layer of her eyes right off, more
in one than the other, but it was really, really painful, and really
really dangerous. She was very lucky.

--
Jack
Got Change: Individual Control ======= Government Control!