Posted to uk.d-i-y
chudford chudford is offline

Default Could there be enough hot water pressure for a shower?

On Sep 17, 6:18*pm, "Mick." wrote:
Hi all, I live in a ground floor all electric 1 bedroom flat.

I do have a bathroom with a short bath in it; if possible I would like to
have fitted a bath mixer tap with a shower hose fitting.

In the airing cupboard there is a cold water tank on top of an insulated
tank with an off peak immersion heater .

The top cold water tank is at the ceiling level.

The hot tank below is at the top 4'2" from the floor.

Could this have enough pressure to use a bath mixer tap with a shower hose
fitting?

Or is a separate electric shower unit the only way?

Hoping someone can advise me.

Mick.

Is your water heater a Pulsacoil type like this:

http://www.advancedwater.co.uk/prod_...acoil2000.html

If it is then it supplies water at mains pressure and already has a
pump so will give you plenty of pressure for a shower.