Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Ron Lowe[_3_] Ron Lowe[_3_] is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

charles wrote:
In article ,
Ron Lowe wrote:
Owain wrote:
but in Britain
we'd just create a few New Towns in Glencoe or the Brecon Beacons.

Ah, well.

Perhaps we'd get some decent competition to the lazy unwelcoming
hostelries at the Clachaig and Kingshouse.

I've always found Kingshouse very welcoming - what were you doing wrong?

Oh, not much.

I've found it welcoming when staying as a room guest, but the barman in
the climber's bar round the back could be somewhat surly to us as mere
campers.

It's been a few years since I've camped in Glencoe.
( You can no longer camp in the bog beside the clachaig; they dug bloody
great trenches to stop it. You now have to use 'official' campsites,
like the grim Red Squirrel or the distant forrestry commision one. )

I've just got back from a long weekend climbing in the Lakes, we were
camping in Langdale. I was warned to expect to order a 'pint of your
surliest attitude, landlord', but that did not transpire.

Both the Old Dungeon Ghyll and the pub in Chapel Style were both very
welcoming. First Class.

--
Ron